Stamfordham is a rural Northumbrian village just 15 miles from Newcastle City Centre, about 5 miles west of Ponteland and 10 miles east of Hexham.
Stamfordham is a small village of around 800 people and is within easy reach from Newcastle. The village lies on a slope by the river Pont.
The village church of St Mary, though largely rebuilt in the 1840's, dates back to medieval times.
The Stamfordham houses are built around a large village green which includes the Market Cross (photo below), built in 1735 by Sir Edward Swinburne of Capheaton.
With the green at its centre the village is a good place to walk around and relax and the Swinburne Arms, situated looking out to the Market Cross has a great view of the village green.
©2015 the swinburne arms